Ever suffered from sore muscles or dry skin?
A good oil massage can smoothen your skin and knead out muscle soreness even as it puts you in a relaxed, blissful mood.
But which oil is best for a body massage?
And can the same massage oil work for all problems?
In this article, you’ll learn about different carrier oils, essential oils, and how to give a full body massage efficiently. I have also compiled a list of 13 magnificent massage oils that you could use at home to get a spa-like treatment.
The Article Will Cover:
- Why Carrier Oils Are Important
- Which Essential Oil Should You Choose
- 13 Of The Best Massage Oils For An Oil Massage
- Benefits Of A Full Body Massage
- Spoil Yourself With The Best Massage Oil
A carrier oil like almond oil, jojoba oil, or coconut oil acts as the base oil. You add and blend essential oils or a CBD oil with the carrier oil before applying them to the skin.
Carrier oils aid in the absorption of body oil into the epidermis. They also reduce any skin irritation caused by the direct application of essential oils.
Ensure that the carrier oil you use has a smooth consistency, is easily absorbed by the skin, and doesn’t have a strong odor. No one wants to get a sticky rubdown after a long day!
Here are some of my favorite carrier oils:
- Almond Oil has the nickname “Guard of Youth.” Almond oil is excellent for hydrating the skin and preventing loss of elasticity.
- Coconut Oil not only has a lovely aroma but has fatty acids and vitamins to help the skin regain its beauty. All Coconu products use organic coconut oil as the base oil.
- Grape Seed Oil is packed with fatty acids and Vitamin E. It also has antioxidative properties.
- Jojoba Oil is possibly the favorite carrier oil for massage oils. Jojoba oil is well-tolerated by the skin and is a healthy source of fatty acids and Vitamin E. Jojoba oil also has a long shelf life.
- Avocado Oil is a valuable source of Vitamin A, B, D, E, H, K, PP, and Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids.
- Olive Oil is another standard carrier oil. An olive oil massage will hydrate the skin, smooth it out, and boost shine and protection.
Want more information on these carrier oils and others like cocoa butter? Check out my post on 25 Sensual Massage Oils for a detailed list.
Those who love oil massages should be obsessed with aromatherapy and essential oils!
They have a range of aromas and aromatherapeutic properties that can transform a basic oil massage to the next level in relaxation.
I mean, just look at the exceptional aromatherapy benefits that you can add to your oil massage:
- To Energize: If you feel lethargic and need a boost, put a few drops of these aromatherapy oils to your massage blend: Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime, Mint, Sage, Orange, or Peppermint.
- To Calm Down: Feel like you are running on a short fuse? Chamomile, Jasmine, Lavender, Orange, Patchouli, Rosemary, or Siberian Pine essential oil can help you.
- To Relax: Chamomile, Lavender, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Sweet Orange, or Ylang-ylang essential oils help you unwind after a stressful day.
Remember: Essential oils are potent and should be blended with a carrier oil first before massaging into the skin! Although Shea Butter is not a carrier oil, it is still a great choice to dilute your favorite essential oil!
1. Coconu Oil Based Personal Lubricant
What’s better than a massage oil that nourishes your skin with only natural ingredients?
Answer: A full body massage oil that doubles up as a personal lubricant when a regular back massage turns sensual.
Coconu oil-based lubricant is crafted with the best natural ingredients to bring ultimate pleasure to your skin and body. This coconut oil based personal lubricant is 100% natural and free from genetically modified organisms, alcohol, dyes, fragrances, gluten, paraben, petroleum, and phylates.
It stimulates your body’s natural lubrication so that you can enjoy a solo play or a sexy intimate massage with your partner.
Is there anything more you could ask for in sensual massage oil and personal lubricant?
Price: $24.99 for 3 fl oz
2. Coconu Hemp Infused Body Oil
If you answered yes to my last question, then Coconu Hemp Infused Body Oil is the perfect option.
That’s right, Coconu took their unique formula for their oil-based personal lubricant and made it even better.
This CBD massage oil is made with broad-spectrum CBD from domestic hemp and has no THC levels. So you could use it for a sports massage, regular back massage, or for intimate play with your partner with no worries of getting high.
Enjoy Hemp’s fantastic benefits that include alleviating pain and increasing sensation when a sexier occasion comes up.
Like the rest of Coconu’s incredible products, the Hemp Infused Body Oil is cruelty-free, edible, 100% hypoallergenic, natural, and vegan friendly.
Price: $34.99 for 3 fl oz
Want to use CBD oil as a lube? Get all details in Can You Use Hemp Oil As Lube?
3. Brookethorne Naturals: Relax Therapeutic Massage Oil
This therapeutic massage oil seems to have it all - lavender essential oil to relieve stress, peppermint oil to help with pain relief, and marjoram to help with muscle tension. This massage oil is perfect for an after-work lavender massage oil to ease those aches and pains.
Price: $29.95 for 8.5 fl oz
4. Weleda Muscle Massage Oil
This blend of sunflower oil, olive oil, and extracts from arnica flowers helps soothe sore muscles and release tension. Plus, it has rosemary and lavender essential oils to make you feel even more relaxed.
Price: $24.99 for 3.4 fl oz
5. Maple Holistics Pure Grapeseed Oil
This oil is a beautiful carrier oil to pair with your favorite essential oil, and it is packed with Omega fatty acids and Vitamin E. Not only will this cold-pressed massage oil do wonders for your skin, but massage this into your scalp to help your hair as well.
Price: $8.95 for 4 fl oz
6. Hobacare 100% Pure Jojoba Oil
What makes this Jojoba Oil different from the others? The seeds used are carefully selected to make sure you get A-grade Pure Jojoba Oil for your skin. Your body doesn’t deserve any less, right?
Price: $19 for 8 fl oz
7. Banyan Botanicals Organic Sunflower Oil
Who doesn’t want to cover their skin with the oil from the seeds from a cheery sunflower? This organic sunflower oil is the perfect carrier oil to pair with your favorite essential oils or to use on its own to leave your skin feeling radiant.
Price: $11.99 for 16fl oz
8. Unscented Neutrogena Moisturizing Light Sesame Body Oil
This lightweight sesame oil works as a sheer moisturizer that is quickly absorbed into your skin, leaving it silky smooth. This light sesame body oil is the perfect companion for an after-shower or bath massage routine.
Price: $14.06 for 85 fl oz
9. Foria Awaken Arousal Oil
This massage oil uses all the benefits of natural oils and CBD to give you a relaxing massage inside and out! Made with broad-spectrum CBD, this oil supports sexual wellness for women.
Price: $48 for 1 fl oz
10. Viva Naturals Sweet Almond Oil
This massage oil is packed with Vitamin E and can be used daily to help stressed-out skin! Its silky-smooth formula is residue-free and never leaves the skin feeling greasy. Sweet Almond Oil is excellent for a beauty regime or a pampering massage.
Price: $12.99 for 16 fl oz
11. Majestic Pure Arnica Sore Muscle Massage Oil
This natural blend of essential oils takes all the worries, pain, and tension out of your muscles! Crafted with Sweet Almond Oil, it is perfect for a relaxing massage after a long day or to nourish your skin.
Price: $19.95 for 8 fl oz
12. Biossance 100% Sugarcane Squalane Oil
Squalane is a multi-tasking oil that is harvested from Brazilian sugarcane. This oil instantly hydrates the skin and leaves the skin looking and feeling healthier. This plant-based formula is weightless and helps with skin irritation and redness.
Price: $32 for 3.3 fl oz
13. ESPA Skincare: Soothing Body Oil
This soothing body oil harnesses all the benefits of Almond Oil, natural and essential oils. It is a blend of Sandalwood, Frankincense, Myrrh, and Rose Geranium that eases the mind, nourishes sensitive skin, and restores tranquility within your body.
Price: $70 for 3.3 fl oz
The perception that a full body massage is just for those who want to relax and spoil themselves is wrong!
Yes, you read it right! Full body massages offer so much more than just good pampering.
The origins of massage therapy can be traced back to ancient times as a form of alternative medicine to heal the body, mind, and soul!
Just look at these fantastic benefits:
- Stress is a silent killer - it causes a myriad of horrid unseen issues. Massages relax the body, provides pain relief to sore muscles, and soothes the nerves.
- Blood and lymph flow is stimulated - which means lymphatic functioning is improved, and healthy blood flow is encouraged.
- Massage oils, like almond oil, jojoba oil, and coconut oil, boost skin nourishment, which lets you feel great in your own body.
- And, let us not forget the tremendous benefits of an aromatherapy massage with essential oils.
- A great scalp massage with the right massage oil, like castor oil or argan oil, can help hair growth.
How To Give A Full Body Massage
Some people think giving a full body oil massage takes time, energy, and a ton of oil.
All you need to reap the excellent benefits of massage is the right massage oil and a bit of spare time.
The simplest way is to pour some oil onto your hands and spread it on your skin in small circular motions. This small massage motion increases the oil’s temperature to help it penetrate the skin, nourish, and regenerate it.
A quick tip: If you want to give a warm oil massage, pick an oil like fractionated coconut oil, olive oil, or jojoba oil.
Want to spoil your partner (or yourself) to a massage where you reach complete release? Check out my detailed post on How To Give An Intimate Massage.
Full body oil massages are the best whether you want to relax after a long day or perhaps spark an intimate moment with your partner.
Choosing the perfect oil for the occasion doesn’t have to be a challenge when you have terrific products like Coconu’s Oil Based Personal Lubricant readily available for you.
Are you ready to get a product that is a body oil, personal lubricant, pre-lube, and massage oil all in one tube?
Grab a tube for yourself to enjoy an orgasmic and relaxing experience.