Best Anal Lube: 12 Options To Make Butt Play More Fun in 2023
Want to check anal play off your sex bucket list in 2023?
Then get your hands on the best anal lube to make backdoor action an ah-mazing experience for you and your S.O.
You may want to bookmark this one!
Explore twelve best anal lubes and the different types of lubes that can help you ease into anal sex.
Also, discover the three things to consider when shopping for anal lubricants.
Also Check Out:
The Best Anal Lube: 12 Terrific Options To Try
Ready to give anal sex a shot?
Here are our picks of the twelve best anal lubes:
- Coconu’s Oil Based Personal Lubricant
- Coconu’s Hemp Infused Body Oil
- Good Clean Love Almost Naked Organic Personal Lubricant
- Yes But Water Based Anal Lubricant
- Pjur Back Door Relaxing Silicone Based Anal Glide
- Sliquid Ride BodyWorx Booty Buzz
- Gun Oil Silicone Lubricant
- Überlube Luxury Lubricant
- Boy Butter Personal Lubricant
- Astroglide Gel Personal Lubricant
- Intimate Earth Soothe Anal Glide
- Doc Johnson Anal Lube
1. Coconu’s Oil Based Personal Lubricant
Coconu’s Oil Based Personal Lubricant is slick but not sticky, making it a great option for anal play.
The lube directly absorbs into your skin and doesn’t stain your sheets.
You don’t have to do laundry every time you do the deed.
It also plays well with non-latex condoms and sex toys (think butt plug, anal beads, vibrators, dildos, and more!).
Why we love this: The oil based lubricant is devoid of parabens, polyurethane, and other things that have no business being near your butt.
- Star ingredients: Coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, beeswax, shea butter, cocoa seed butter, and more
2. Coconu’s Hemp Infused Body Oil
Need a super-slick sex lube that helps you indulge in anal masturbation or anal penetration?
Look no further than Coconu’s Hemp Infused Body Oil!
This oil based lube is 100% organic, fragrance-free, and paraben-free. It means you can enjoy your intimate moments without the fear of infections.
Why we love this: This long-lasting, non-sticky lubricant blends the goodness of coconut oil with the relaxing benefits of hemp.
- Star ingredients: Coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, beeswax, shea butter, cocoa seed butter, broad-spectrum hemp extract, and more
3. Good Clean Love Almost Naked Organic Personal Lubricant
If you're looking for a lube that washes off like magic and doesn’t require any clean up, this is the one.
The best part?
This water based lubricant is sex toy friendly (hello, butt plugs!) and compatible with a latex condom.
Why we love this: This anal lube is carbon-neutral, so you can get down and dirty with your partner without polluting the environment. (Win-win!)
- Star ingredients: Organic aloe vera juice, xanthan gum, agar, lactic acid, natural flavor, and more
4. Yes But Water Based Anal Lubricant
Bring on the butt play ‘cause here we have an iso-osmotic anal lubricant.
How does that help you?
Any iso-osmotic anal lubricant minimizes the risk of tissue damage and STI transmissions during anal intercourse.
Naturally thick and long-lasting, this water based lube can help you go ‘yes yes yessss’ during backdoor sex.
Why we love this: It’s odorless and devoid of strong chemicals like glycerin and polypropylene glycol (aka stuff that isn’t butt-friendly).
- Star ingredients: Aloe vera, plant gums, honeysuckle extract, and more
5. Pjur Back Door Relaxing Silicone Based Anal Glide
Got a thing for silicone based lubes?
Then this anal lubricant from Pjur is a safe bet.
The high-grade silicone provides long-lasting lubrication so you can get things going in the sack all night long.
Why we love this: It’s enriched with jojoba seed oil that relaxes your anal muscles and gets you ready for hardcore anal sex.
- Star ingredients: Dimethicone, dimethiconol, jojoba seed oil (key ingredient), and amyris balsamifera bark oil
6. Sliquid Ride BodyWorx Booty Buzz
This silicone based lube ticks all the boxes of a great lubricant, making anal penetration more comfortable.
Wanna hear something fun?
This silicone lube is water-proof and provides slickness for hours.
It means you can enjoy anal sex longer in the shower, hot tubs, and every other sexy scenario involving water.
Why we love this: It’s one of the best warming lubes, giving you a nice, tingling sensation every time you visit pound town.
- Star ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethiconol, dimethicone, and food-grade menthol
7. Gun Oil Silicone Lubricant
Lack of lubrication ruining all the fun?
Say no more!
This silicone based lubricant by Gun Oil is incredibly slick, water-resistant, and a must-have for all anal sex beginners.
It gets better:
Their 16 and 32 oz silicone lubricant bottles come with a pump top, making the lube application quick and easy.
Why we love this: It’s fortified with unique botanical extracts to minimize friction and protect sensitive skin.
- Star ingredients: Dimethicone, dimethiconol, vitamin E, aloe vera leaf extract, and more
8. Überlube Luxury Lubricant
Be it a solo sesh with your anal toy or backdoor play with your boo, this silicone based lube from Überlube is all you need.
This anal lubricant is compatible with the latex condom and doesn’t disturb the pH levels of the sensitive skin near your anus.
Why we love this: This silicone lubricant is as versatile as they come and can be used as a hair serum, massage oil, and moisturizer.
- Star ingredients: Dimethicone, dimethiconol, cyclomethicone, and more
9. Boy Butter Personal Lubricant
Looking for a lube to enhance pleasure during anal sex?
Presenting a water based personal lubricant infused with vitamin E and shea butter (aka your skin’s best friends).
This one gives you the slipperiness to make anal intercourse more comfortable and enjoyable.
Why we love this: It’s safe for EVERY kind of sex toy — rubber, glass, silicone, steel, you name it.
- Star ingredients: Propylene glycol, glycerin, shea butter (key ingredient), aloe vera extract, and more
10. Astroglide Gel Personal Lubricant
Astroglide’s water-based anal lubricant is thick and long-lasting, so you don’t have to hit pause on your backdoor play to reapply.
This water based lubricant also washes off easily.
>Why does this matter?
You don’t have to spend hours cleaning your toys (butt plug, anal beads, and others) post play.
Why we love this: It doubles up as a moisturizer, soothes your vag, stimulates natural lubrication, and is condom-safe.
- Star ingredients: Purified water, glycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, methyl paraben, gluconolactone, and more
11. Intimate Earth Soothe Anal Glide
Looking for a body-safe edible lube?
Your search ends with this premium water based lube by Intimate Earth.
This type of lube won’t spoil your favorite silicone toy during anal play.
The presence of glycerin gives this lube a velvety feel and elevates your pleasure, making butt stuff more enjoyable.
Why we love this: It’s blended with guava bark extract and loaded with antibacterial properties to improve your sexual health (bye, bye UTIs).
- Star ingredients: Purified water, plant-derived glycerin, citric acid, aloe vera leaf, and more
12. Doc Johnson Anal Lube
Doc Johnson’s oil based lubricant is formulated as a thicker gel to provide more cushioning.
What do we mean?
It helps you relax during anal sex, so you don’t have to resort to numbing or desensitizing lubes.
Why we love this: It comes with a pump top, making lube application super-easy.
- Star ingredients: Petrolatum, octyldodecanol
Numbing agents or lubes temporarily deaden the sensors in your body. So you can’t sense or feel when something isn't right, which may be dangerous.
Want to explore some more notable sex lube brands?
Here are a few more to consider:
Sliquid Sassy: Sliquid Sassy is a vegan water-based lube that is safe to use with all kinds of best sex toys and condoms. Pick up a bottle at your nearest drugstore or Walmart or on Amazon.
Lynk Pleasure Products Anal Lubricant: This water based lube helps remove mood-killing friction from sex and solo play.
Lovehoney Discover Water-based Anal Lubricant: This is yet another high-quality water based lube made with body-safe ingredients.
- Lubelife Silicone-based Anal Lubricant: This silicone lube complements the body’s natural lubrication and takes your sexual pleasure to the next level.
Now that we’ve given you the lowdown on the best anal lubes, steer clear of stuff like baby oil and Vaseline on your next round of bedroom fun.
But what kind of lube should you go for?
Let’s take a closer look at the different lubrication options.
What Are The Different Types Of Lubricants?
Unlike the vagina, your anus isn’t self-lubricating.
To enjoy smoother backdoor sex or solo acts with your anal toy, here are the different types of lubes you should consider:
1. Water Based Lube
Water based lubes are a great place to start. They can be used with a condom and are excellent for people with sensitive skin.
- Compatible with your silicone sex toy (or toys made with any other material — that’s a bonus!)
- Easy to clean up
- Requires frequent reapplication, which can be a mood-spoiler
- A no-go for shower sex (bummer!)
2. Oil Based Lube
Made out of plant-based and other natural oils, oil based lubricants provide a great glide factor for anal sex.
- Extremely slick
- Waterproof (that’s a yes to shower sex!)
- Incompatible with a latex condom
- Unsuitable for people with food allergies (read: any type of nuts)
3. Silicone Based Lube
Silicone lubricants are longer-lasting than water based lubes and don't wash off that quickly. So you can try your hand at kinkier stuff with a silicone lube (hint: anal sex in hot tubs).
- Compatible with every type of condom
- Hypoallergenic (no more unwelcome rashes, phew!)
- Incompatible with your silicone toy
- Stains your sheets
4. Hybrid Lube
Hybrid lubes are a blend of water and silicone lubricants and bring you the best of both worlds.
- Lasts much longer than water based lubricants
- Easier to clean up than silicone based lubricants
- Incompatible with your silicone sex toy
- Not exactly pocket-friendly
While there is no dearth of options, how do you choose the perfect lube for your night of anal pleasure?
3 Key Things To Consider While Buying The Best Anal Lube
Here’s how you can bag the best anal lube:
- Say no to flavored lubes. These contain sugar and other flavoring agents, making them unsuitable for penetrative sex (anal sex and vaginal sex).
- Ditch high-pH lubricants. They can alter your anal pH balance levels, causing irritation and infections.
- Carefully choose the type of lubricant (water, oil, silicone, or hybrid) you want. It should be compatible with your favorite sex toys AND the sexy scenario you have in mind (anal sex, vaginal sex, or more).
Bring Your Best Moves And The Best Lube For Butt Play
Remember — friction is the enemy of anal play.
So why not use the best lube to make backdoor penetration frictionless and pleasurable?
Try Coconu’s Oil Based Singles today. These lube packets easily fit in your glovebox or wallet so you can indulge in spontaneous sex anytime, anywhere.